Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 2015 21:53:19 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Kenan Ali <kali@sandvine.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org" <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling LLDB

On 30 March 2015 at 19:18, Kenan Ali <kali@sandvine.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to see if I could get involved with contributing to the kern=
el core support for LLDB under FreeBSD. I'm running a FreeBSD-head build (o=
n a VM) from a week or two ago, and I'm following the instructions from her=
e: https://wiki.freebsd.org/lldb

> Once I get to the 'ninja lldb' step, it seems that I always end up with t=
he following error:

> CC: error: unable to execute command: Killed
> CC: error: linker command failed due to signal (use -v to see invocation)
> Ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
>
> I've tried passing the '-v' flag to ninja, which lists a large invocation=
 before spewing out the errors above. However, I cannot seem to figure out =
how to get the '-v' command passed to LLVM's linker. Neither ninja's help o=
utput or some basic Googling seem to be helping me diagnose this issue, so =
I was wondering if anyone here could help?

I'd suggest checking /var/log/messages for further information. Is
this i386 or amd64, how much memory does your build host have, and are
you compiling with debug information or no? If had to guess, you're
running out of memory (or running into ulimit) during linking, and the
process is being killed as a result.