Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 16:50:36 +0700
From:      John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDE 2.2 seems to forget fonts?

Hi...

Has anyone in this list experienced what I had?

I am running a fairly recent -CURRENT system. Compiled KDE 2.2 from the
ports successfully. My version of kdebase is kdebase-2.2_1. I know that
there is kdebase-2.2_2 (will try to compile it tonight). And the version of
kdelibs is kdelibs-2.2_3.

KDE 2.2 starts with grace, nothing seems to go wrong. KDE CAN see all my
fonts, in fact I can use them in konqueror! Then I wait for a while, or I
logout, then login again, KDE seems to NOT see all my fonts! All KDE apps,
konsole, konqueror, KCharSelect, and others see only 8 fonts: Bitstream
Charter, Courier, Courier 10 Pitch, Cursor, LuciduxMono, LuciduxSans,
LuciduxSerif, and Utopia from there after.  In the mean time, gimp can see
all my fonts, which are mainly TrueType fonts, and I can use the fonts in
The Gimp perfectly. Thus I conclude that this is not about my X config or
the xfs (I had tried using xfs instead, and no go too).

This is very annoying :( My konsole font is very ugly and I can't change
konqueror font to another fonts of my liking.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Beside of this annoying font problem, all my KDE apps seem to be running
just fine.

BTW I have tried using KDE with fam running and not. It doesn't seem to have
any effects.

tq

/john
Live Free OR Die