Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 13:45:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kurt Schafer <kurt@cyberbeach.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does nobody have any suggestions ?

My saga with sendmail continues.

Essentially, 95% of all outbound traffic (mail TO people outside my domain)
times out

'stat=deferred Operation timed out during client QUIT with gwn.vianet.on.ca'
for example

Other errors occur with outbound traffic also, the majority of those timeout
errors as well. I can ping and telnet to the sites with nice fast response
times so I doubt it is a network bottleneck issue. My net link here is via
T1 frame relay if that helps.

I'm at a loss at this point. I might as well spend time working on the cure
for cancer, I've probably got the same chance of diagnosis.

-Kurt