Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:26:52 +0100
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: comments for a pmake newb

Hi!

> I'm porting a program that uses a simple GNU make file, but I'm thinking
> about replacing the make file to remove the devel/gmake dependency.  I
> don't foresee many upstream changes that will make this an issue.  Is
> this a bad/good idea?

If the Makefile is pretty static and not changing much, one
can do that. But as upstream will probably never integrate that change,
what's the point ? Is the devel/gmake dependency that 'bad' ?

This probably depends on the application being ported, so: What
do you port ?

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !