Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 95 19:04:09 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Top

> (There's a rule of thumb saying you should have 2 * RAM as swap size.)
>
> Don't let Terry know about your argumentation. :-)
>
> (He's always voting for `eager' swap, where all RAM has to be backed
> by swap space.)

Not always... just for execution off an NFS mounted volume, or for
shutdown/resume capability.

Like having a "shutdown" image at the "accept defaults?" prompt of a
running installation process so install takes ~20 seconds to run from
a CDROM: just "resume" it and hit return for non-net-connected installs.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.