Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:50:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>, <hawkeyd@visi.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ftp and mail much slower into fbsd 4.4 vs and old BSDi

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Terry Lambert wrote:

> Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Doug Barton wrote:
> > > The problem is that Terry has described the theory, whereas many of us
> > > who have observed the situation in the real world have noticed that even
> > > on a homogenous network (all with newreno enabled) performance is still
> > > worse than with newreno disabled.
>
> I guess you missed the part where I said that FreeBSD had bugs, and
> Matt Dillon posted patches?

Nope. I think you missed the part where I said I was talking about
reality, not theory. :)  The reality is, it's broken now, and in my
experience, turning it off makes the system "work better."

I agree that it should be fixed in the long term, but it ain't gonna be me
that fixes it.

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?