Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:21:25 -0500
From:      Erik Van Benschoten <evanben@valleycomnet.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compiling mod_dnssd for Apache 2.2

Hello,

  I am working on getting Lennart Poettering's mod_dnssd working under
Apache 2.2 in-house. It uses the avahi libs for zeroconf service
discovery of web pages. I have created a basic Makefile (a big "Thank
You!" to the writers of the "FreeBSD Porter's Handbook") that allows
me to fetch the source and start configuration. The problem seems to
be that the configure script is looking for a pkg-config file named
'apr-1.pc'. The apache 2.2 port does not appear to create a .pc file
for the apr-1 utility. I can see that the apr-1 headers, libs and util
are installed by doing a 'pkg_info -L apache\* | grep apr-1'. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks,
Erik Van Benschoten

P.S. Here's the Makefile for those interested:

# New ports collection makefile for:    mod_dnssd
# Date created:    22 December 2008
#

PORTNAME=       mod_dnssd
PORTVERSION=    0.5
CATEGORIES=     www
MASTER_SITES=   http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/mod_dnssd/

MAINTAINER=
COMMENT=        Zeroconf support using Avahi for the Apache2 webserver

USE_APACHE=     20+
GNU_CONFIGURE=  yes

CONFIGURE_ARGS= --with-apxs=${APXS}

# mod_dnssd requires a current release of Apache 2.2 with apxs and a
# development installation of Avahi 0.6 or newer.

#LIB_DEPENDS+=  avahi-client:${PORTSDIR}/net/avahi-app

.include <bsd.port.mk>