Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:52:02 +0100
From:      Erwan Arzur <earzur@noos.fr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.3.1 patchset 6

Greg Lewis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Patchset 6 for JDK 1.3.1 is up on the web site.  The main highlights are:
>
> 1. The Java web browser plugin for Mozilla is working (Joe Kelsey and
>    Fuyuhiko Maruyama).
> 2. Several bug fixes, including the division by zero problem.
> 3. An improved native threads subsystem (Bill Huey).
> 4. Work has begun on the HotSpot VM (Bill Huey and Joe Kelsey).

Hello Greg,

Thanks to all for this great work !

I just gave it a try and i've some problems to report, though i may not
have used the appropriate compilation method.

I just used the port makefile updated with the new PATCHLEVEL variable.
Except a small problem regarding this new distfile without md5 checksum,
the compilation goes well but i did not found the plugin compiled anywhere.

Do you have to build it manually ? I tried to compile it using "gmake
plugin" from work/j2sdk1.3.1/make and it compiled (after some tweaking
with the location of gdk/gtk headers), but i have no clue on how to
install it.

tried to simlink it from /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/plugin, but i get an
immediate core dump trying to open any page with a java applet
(http://java.sun.com being one of those). about:plugins reports the
plugin appropriately though.

Could you please give some more specific instructions to those who are
too keen to see this working and can't wait for the updated port ? ;-)

Thanks.