Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:20:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Out of Box experience (Was: Re: How is selection made of what goes into CDrom?)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Sounds to me like a FreeBSD out of the box experience program . Who
> knows even an mpeg movie and you can use Randall's fxtv to do just that 8)

<plug>
Speaking of an out of box experience, KDE works quite nicely.  It's kinda
a CDE/Motif meets Win95 type thing, with a bunch of little applets for
stuff from user managment to basic text editing to games.  I think this
would make a nice "X" enviroment for a graphical sysinstall.  All of which
might make using FreeBSD a less daunting desktop (or even server) OS.
</plug>

www.kde.org

"Every finger in the room is pointing at me" Tori Amos

- alex