Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:29:18 -0600
From:      Eric Long <eric@metrotv.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Audio Conversion Utility Suggestions

--B_3091508959_91819

Looking for a command-line based utility that will convert any (well, the
most popular types) audio file formats to mp3 format.  Any suggestions?
Ideally, I would like to be able to convert an audio file to mp3 without
knowing what the bitrate, khz, stereo, and file type is, just would like the
utility to convert it automatically to mp3.

-Eric

--B_3091508959_91819

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Audio Conversion Utility Suggestions</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana">Looking for a command-line based utility that will con=
vert any (well, the most popular types) audio file formats to mp3 format. &n=
bsp;Any suggestions? &nbsp;Ideally, I would like to be able to convert an au=
dio file to mp3 without knowing what the bitrate, khz, stereo, and file type=
 is, just would like the utility to convert it automatically to mp3.<BR>
<BR>
-Eric</FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>