Date:      13 Oct 2013 20:02:36 -0000
From:      Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Advice sought on Portmaster -Faf and deleted ports

Hi,

I'm following the recipe at the end of man portmaster for deleting and
reinstalling all my ports, which I have done many times in the
past. This time, I am getting errors on the portmaster -Faf step
involving deleted ports, and I'm not sure how to deal with this
easily.  If the ports aren't in use, I have just deleted them, but for
other things, such as libgsf-1.14.21_1, which is required by a dozen
or more of my installed packages, it is not so easy.

So, I am seeking expert advice here. Is there a way to automate this
and keep myself out of trouble, or do I need to do a 'port-by-port'
upgrade of each port?

Thanks!
Scott
--