Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:44:38 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with latest 3.2 build (using mysql)

Up until today's make world, mysql 3.22.24 was working fine.  It now
crashes with:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

The socket isn't even being created.

I'm 90% certain it's a FreeBSD issue... all of our other OS's are running
the same
revision of mysql with no problems. (all compiled out of the ports collection)

The server has been deinstalled, recompiled, reinstalled, etc.   Just for
paranoia.
It has been tested, running as root, and the problem still occurs.

Anyone else see this problem?

-F