Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 01:10:06 -0200
From:      "Paulo C. Marques F." <paul@u-net.com.br>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ELF binary type not known.

Hi,

I'm using the linux emulation on a FreeBSD 3.0 box to run the
Interbase RDBMS. It works perfectly.

Now, I am trying to compile some binaries to do SQL queries to
the Interbase server. I have installed the linux_devel port,
And when I try executing the binary, I get this error:

# /compat/linux/usr/bin/gcc -o try try.c -lgds
# ./try
ELF binary type not known
Abort trap

Any ideas? The binaries for the Interbase RDBMS have the format
(taking gbak as an example):

# file /path/to/interbase/bin/gbak
/path/to/interbase/bin/gbak: ELF 32-bit LSB executable,
Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked, not stripped

And the linux emulator is up and running:

# modstat
Type     Id Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
EXEC      0   4 f2bf4000 0020 f2bfb010   1 linux_mod

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Paulo.