Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2001 10:45:13 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        "Matthew J . Turk" <m-turk@nwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSHD Problems...

From /usr/src/UPDATING...

20010112:
        Important new FreeBSD-version stuff: PAM support has been worked
        in, partially from the "Unix" OpenSSH version.  This requires
        adding the following in pam.conf:

        sshd    auth    sufficient      pam_skey.so
        sshd    auth    required        pam_unix.so         try_first_pass
        sshd    session required        pam_permit.so

I'm assuming you've made/installed world after this date and didn't see
this.  Just add this stuff to /etc/pam.conf and you should be good to go.

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                     Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

        - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.