Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:44:54 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: escalating jdk1.1.8 to CRITICAL

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:21:34 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> >   I meant kaffe while speaking about /usr/local/libexec/ not javac
> >   or any other part of jdj.Sorry,it was my fault ,not well-defined
> >   information.
>
> I think you missed my point.  I was asking about kaffe, not the jdk.
  The directory where kaffe was installed was /usr/local/libexec/
  I guess I said something different about location fo it in previous
  message.
> :-)
>
> Did you install kaffe from the FreeBSD Ports / Packages Collection?
>
> If so, you should have a /usr/local/bin/javac.  It should be a shell
> script.  Look at it and make sure the paths are correct.
  huh? javac is shell script?I thought it is java compiler not shell
  script.
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

  Well as to me being unable to discern between kaffe and jdk
  kaffe is one of many implementations of JIT(just in time compiler)
  and JVM(java virtual machine) also containing AWT packages.JDK
  is JAVAs native package from SUN containing all of this stuff already.
  It is my understanding of the subject.Yet I do not understand any inter
  connection between them that forces system to produce message
/usr/local//bin/kaffe not found while trying to start javac.

Javac produce bytecode that is equal for all machines from file.java
files.JVM is mediator that brings this bytecode to execution on this
particular machine.So once more why do they inter-depend on each other
on fbsd platform?