Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:12:23 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mass uninstall all ports?

on Jul 12 18:29, i got this from Kris...
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 03:05:12PM -0700, abram olson wrote:
> > I just updated from 4.3 release to 4.3 stable.  My
> > entire system is built via ports.  I want to make some
> > updates but I keep running into endless dependency
> > chains.  I'm doing a
>
> Look into portupgrade in the ports collection, which does a superb job
> of upgrading ports and dependencies in the correct order.
>
> Kris

but that wouldn't take care of the original question posed -- how to
deinstall/remove all the ports -- since portupgrade is itself, well, a
port... would it, kris?

having said that, i thank you for bringing to (my) attention as i
didn't know about its existence.

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?
	 - parv