Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 12:03:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        will@physics.purdue.edu
Cc:        jim@lust.geekhouse.net, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, developers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The code freeze in RELENG_4 for src is now over.

Sorry,
    for the delay in answering. I'm still catching up.
I'm the president of SVBUG. So I've been watching
FreeBSD  - released 4.2 on Nov. 20
NetBSD   - released 1.4.3 on Nov. 25
OpenBSD  - released 2.8 on Dec. 1
Today is the first day I've had to back track the
'stable' mailing list.

    With regards to the 4.2 release, some of the message
to Mr. Hubbard was of a personal nature. But what I can say
is that the defined steps for ANY release of *BSD are murky
at best. While cutoff dates and news releases are helpful,
better planning/coordination of information would
help put FreeBSD in better light.

    That was the bulk of my message to Jordan. Your welcome
to post your comments or send them to me, which ever you
feel most appropriate. BTW, I don't think I'm subscribed
to 'developers'.

				best regards,
				Jessem.