Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 23:48:44 +0000
From:      "Jeroen" <albast@magigimmix.xs4all.nl>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd9660 w/ Joliet extensions

> What about using -current to discus whether the CDROM distribution
> ought to have an autorun.inf that starts it up under Windows95?

That would seem the issue here :-)

> The discussion so far has been:
>
> A: "Does it have it?"
>
> B: "No"
>
> A: "Can you add it?"
>
> B: "People find autorun disconcerting."
>
> A: "Can't they disable it?  It seems to me that it would help far
>     more people than it would disconcert."
>
> B: "No.  They can't disable it"
>
> C: "Yes, the can.  Here's how..."
>    "(implied) What valid excuses remain for not having one?"
                           ^^^^^^^
                                  That's your opinion

Because most users do not have that knowledge, in practice they
really can not disable it ;-)

> D: "Can't you move this thread?  I (erroneously) believe it's
>     not relevent..."

No, I don't believe going in depth with the windows stuff is relevant
here.

> 					Regards,
> 					Terry Lambert
> 					terry@lambert.org
> ---
> or previous employers.

PS: I apologize for my somewhat crude mail, Terry :)
    I'm not going to "explain", just take it ;-)

Jeroen