Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:25:00 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Lorne G <lorne@smartwilly.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Torrent Distro

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 01:25:24PM -0700, Lorne G wrote:
> I was wondering if you wonderful people at FreeBSD have considered releas=
ing
> FreeBSD as a bit torrent. I recently visited the slackware site and they
> provide links to torrents for the ISO CD images. I thought it was a really
> good idea and the download times were awesome. Don't worry FreeBSD is sti=
ll
> my choice for easy of use and stability. Just a suggestion.

Yes.  The latest release is certainly available as a torrent, and
documented as such in the release announcement:

    http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.11R/announce.html

Release via torrent is still considered experimental, which is
probably why it isn't mentioned more prominently on the web site.

See:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~kensmith/4.11-torrent/

5.3-RELEASE is also available as a torrent. =20

	    Cheers,

	    Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd
PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Tilmanstone
Tel: +44 1304 617253                                  Kent, CT14 0JL UK

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3

--oC1+HKm2/end4ao3--