Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2012 07:24:37 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        saeedeh motlagh <saeedeh.motlagh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: redirect incoming telnet to com port

In the last episode (Dec 03), saeedeh motlagh said:
> hello everybody
>
> i have freebsd8.2.  i want to redirect incoming telnet from telnet port to
> a com port.  i mean if somebody telnet to my system with a specific port
> (or 22 which is default telnet port), connect to com port and can talk to
> modem (something like cisco).

(Port 23 is telnet, btw. Port 22 is ssh)

> is it possible or not?

There are probably a dozen ports that do this, all in the comms category of
the ports tree.  You can choose anything from a dumb telnet interface with
no line control (comserv, ser2net, tcpser), to a RFC-2217 interface that
gives you full low-level control over a remote serial port (sredird), to a
"managed" system like with optional encryption and per-user access control
(conserver).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com