Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2007 21:54:35 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I like Ubuntu

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 01:58:17PM -0500, Chris wrote:

> Actually - Ubuntu's default isn't KDE, it's Gnome. Kubuntu is what you
> want if you prefer the K environment - however, that's not to say that
> if you install Ubuntu, you can't install KDE (or XFCE4 - that happens to
>  be Xubuntu).

	I like both Gnome and KDE; altho parts of KDE work better for my
	mindset.  SO nutshell, can I upgrade my present default Gnome
	"Desktop" (aka: wm:) to be KDE??  Or equally, is  there some
	magic command to install more KDE-ware?  Acouple weeks ago here
	someone recommended "kmplayer" and the KDE browser.  And, YES,
	it's almost like push button.  The KDE CD burner is also easier to
	use.  But the Gnome "Terminal" is much more intuitive than the
	KDE write of xterm.  (blah, [bar] :)

	(I find that I have tons of KDE games, and I'm not rreally a
	gamer. No, I haven't a clue where the games came from.)

	gary