Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:22:14 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Michael Scheidell <michael.scheidell@secnap.com>
Cc:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Please test your commits

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 08:35:05PM +0000, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> Public flogging seems to be more enjoyable than a private email to the
> developer, the maintainer, and a committer.

I know we are all a little frustrated with some of the local commits, but
remember:

  "praise in public, criticize in private".

This is a good management dictum.  I try to follow it and though I often
fail, I try.  Let's all keep in mind that the only reward most ports
maintainers/committers do indeed get is the occasional bit of praise.

Thanks.

mcl