Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:58:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation status

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, David O'Brien wrote:
> The Linux we really should base this on is SUSE Linux 9.0.  Fedora c2 if
> we really have to.  There really aren't many programs that are AMD64
> Linux that utilize the extra functionality of 64-bit'ness.  So I think
> we've some breathing room here until the need for AMD64 Linux compat
> becomes pressing.

Just to get this straight: does that mean that "we" (that's you, David,
along with Peter) have chosen to do linux i386 32-bit ABI emulation first
and to wait-and-see for the amd64 (x86_64 in linuxland) ABI emulation? Is
there any hope of it being there "soon"?

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg@cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE