Date:      Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:15:21 +0100
From:      "R. W." <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xscreensaver/xscreensaver-gnome

On Friday 27 August 2004 13:12, Adam Stroud wrote:
> Hey all:
>
> I have built (from the ports) KDE and xscreensaver.  Now I am trying
> to again build Gnome2 from the ports and the istallation breaks when
> trying to install xscreensaver-gnome stating that it conflicts with
> xscreensaver.  When I do a okg_delete to xscreensaver the system
> states that this has such dependencies as KDE.  My question, is it
> safe to force a delete of xscreensaver and install
> xscreensaver-gnome?  Will that break any of the KDE componenets?  Any
> comments/directives would be appreciated.

It seems that the port xscreensaver-kde depends on the gnome version if
it find certain gnome related files, or otherwise it depends on the
xscreensaver version.

I would delete xscreensaver, install the gnome one, and then force a
rebuild of xscreensaver-kde (to be on the safe side)

Incidently I have xscreensaver-gnome with KDE because I used to have
gnome. Does anyone know which which is the better with just KDE?