Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:28:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice /Linux - emul speed?

Hello!

I'd like to mention that I managed to run StarOffice Beta3(Linux ELF bin +
Motif static) on the latest SNAP. Many thanks to Andreas Kohout! (
http://www.augusta.de/~shanee/StarOffice.html). This package is a real
breakthrough for me - I'm immediately starting to replace some Win boxes
with FBSD +StarOffice, as it seems to be much more powerful than M$Office
(+ all the benefits of the OS).

However, one thing is bugging me: I run it on P133 64M RAM, and it runs
somewhat slooow. Does it have something to do with the linuxulator
performance, or is it just a feature? I'd be glad if someone could compare
the speed under both OSes.

TIA

Andy,

PS. I hope this is not too off topic of this list. Excuse me if it is.

Andrzej Bialecki <abial@warman.org.pl>    _)    _)   _)_)   _)_)_) _)  _)
Research and Academic Network in Poland   _)  _)_) _)_)_)_)     _) _) _)
Bartycka 18, 00-716 Warsaw, Poland        _)    _) _)    _) _)_)_) _)  _)