Date:      Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:16:06 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
Cc:        david@fundamentalit.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.4: Is it generally unstable?GCC broken for amd64 ? (was Re: FreeBSD 5.4: Is it generally unstable?)

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 02:13:57PM +0200, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:22:41PM -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > > You can't make the archive search, but Google Groups can (and does) v=
ery
> > > well. I search the mail list archives far more frequently with Google=
 (or
> > > Google Groups) than with the archive search tool.
> > Sure you can..there's a message ID search right there on the search
> > page!  I already posted a link to this.
>=20
> Kris wrote		http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html
> I tried		 	http://www.freebsd.org/search/
> clicked to		amd64
> moused in the original message ID I had quoted
> 			20050602082615.GA36096@dragon.NUXI.org
> & got the posting by David O'Brien
> 			http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D218610+222256+/usr/local=
/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-amd64/20050605.freebsd-amd64
>=20
> It wasn't a search by key field of Message-ID, just a search
> for arbitrary text, content being the MessageID. But it worked.=20

And what was wrong with casting your eye one line down, clicking on
"Message-ID" and entering it in the search box at

  http://www.freebsd.org/search/search-mid.html

Is it really rendered in an invisible font for several people not to
have seen it?

Kris

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--