Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:22:08 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Gabriel Schillaci" <gabriel@schillaci.com.ar>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fw: hostmaster@freebsd.org automatic response

"Gabriel Schillaci" wrote:
> I think that my problem deserves some attention.
> For some reason I don't undestand most of links to packages are broken.
>
> i.e.: try to download any mySQL package from release/4.4 or from
> stable/packages.
> You will get the same error: 'not a directory'.

Yes, that is because you do not 'cd' into a .tgz file.  You 'get'
it instead.

Pasted from the original mail:
"
CWD mysql++-1.7.9.tgz
550 mysql++-1.7.9.tgz: Not a directory.
PWD
257 "/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.4-release/databases" is current
directory.
CWD mysql-server-3.23.42.tgz
550 mysql-server-3.23.42.tgz: Not a directory.
PWD
257 "/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.4-release/databases" is current
directory.
"

Try "get mysql++-1.7.9.tgz" instead.

> Please, guys, try to solve it, because I think this is a big error!!
>
> Gabriel.

Cheers,
-Peter