Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:04:18 +0200
From:      Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   SoC: linuxolator update: first patch

Hi,

I am a student doing SoC linuxolator update. The work involved updating
linuxolator to be able to work with 2.6.x (2.6.16 in my case) kernel emulation.

To be able to run 2.6.x emulation I had to implement NPTL, which means NPTL, futexes
and thread area, pid mangling + various hacks to make it work.

This is the first patch meant for public revision/testing:

	www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdivac02/linuxolator26-diff.patch

What works/doesnt work is described here:

	http://wikitest.freebsd.org/linuxolator-patch-status

This is not finished but its good enough to be commited. The plan now is to commit this
soon to src (because of coverity testing and more public testing).

How to test:

you have to have i386 system (amd64 is WIP now)
cd /sys
fetch http://www.stud.fit.vutbr.cz/~xdivac02/linuxolator26-diff.patch
patch < linuxolator26-diff.patch

recompile kernel and boot
this patch comes with compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16 so you dont have to set anything. what will be commited
to src will have 2.4.2 default so everything should work like now. please test with both 2.6.16 and 2.4.2.

What I care about:

 - if you see any panics, LORs etc. please report
 - pls report if something doesnt work for other reason then sleeping on linuxfutex (this is being worked on)

thnx

Roman Divacky