Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 01:31:57 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        brian@Awfulhak.org (Brian Somers)
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody using PPPoE to to terminate customer DSL sessions?

On 9 May 2000 04:50:36 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.misc you wrote:

>> Was looking at using FreeBSd 4.x to terminate DSL traffic from customer
>> DSLAM's.
>>
>> If anybody here has done that and wouldn't mind answering a couple
>> questions on it, please let me know.
>
>I haven't actually done it in quantity, but I did write the pppoed
>code.  What appears to be the problem ?

Not sure of the original poster's situation, but in many cases its actually
terminated as a L2TP tunnel. At least thats the Redback model :-(

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)