Date:      Tue, 12 May 1998 14:01:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@fly.HiWAAY.net>
To:        admin@gccomm.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  apple talk and samba?

"Jeff Ehrenkrantz" <admin@gccomm.net> writes:

> i need to fileshare dos and mac data files as a graphics fileshare system.
> first thought i have is that a combination of CAP and SAMBA should do the
> trick.
> If anyone has done it please let me know. or if this is the wrong direction
> i sure would
> like to find out before i go off the deep end

I think netatalk is a better choice than CAP. But I do exactly what
you are asking, I share a directory with both netatalk and Samba
at the same time. And NFS. And via http with Apache. Drew the line
at anonymous ftp.

Possibly the only difference between my setup and yours, I don't let
anyone write to my shares via Samba, and only those with accounts
on this machine can write via netatalk.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net (hm)