Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 04:33:21 -0400
From:      Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux/alpha emulation available

I've installed your patches for alphalinux emulation against 4.1-RELEASE
without problems.  First app I tried so far is RealPlayer 7.  Besides the
aforementioned volume control problem, I can't seem to access any ram links
on real.com...  The RealPlayer says "Contacting..." and "Buffering..." for a
bit, then I get a "Bad system call. core dumped" error.
Have you seen this?  The "welcome" thing plays when you first launch, and
I can hear it if I'm quick enough to raise the volume before it ends.  :)

BTW, have you tried the alphalinux JDK?

-Mark