Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 1995 17:38:15 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot disk....

Julian Elischer stands accused of saying:
> major/minor numbers etc. will GO AWAY over the new year
> The only valid way of specifying a device will be BY NAME
> this goes for ALL instances EVERYWHERE.
> Internal to the kernel or External to it.

Yes! Yaya! Can I say "kernel environment variables"?  This is a Good Thing 8)

> julian

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[