Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:14:57 +0200
From:      Maciej Korzen <eaquer@ceti.pl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp(8) brokenness

On 19/09/02, Tim Robbins wrote:
> I submitted this PR two weeks ago and have received no response:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/42407
>
> Could someone who understands the user-ppp code check this out?

I have this same problem. I means this line:

ppp[628]: tun0: Warning: iface add: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR, 210.50.43.24/24 ->
0.0.0.0): Destination address required

This is ppp specific problem. When i overwrite the current ppp binary with
the old one (backup rulez ;-)) it works like always. I think that it is
a problem in ipcp.c file but I don't know exacly where - the CVSweb
frontend is no user-friendly ;-(.

> The diffs between 4.6 and 4.7 are too large for me to be able to audit.
> I would really like to see this fixed for 4.7, even if it means backing
> out the IPV6 support.

I don't think that it is a IPV6 problem. I can put my ppp.conf or sth. on
my web page if it could help solve the problem.

--
Maciej Korzeń <eaquer@ceti.pl>                [www.ceti.pl/eaquer/pgp]
PGP key fingerprint: 830F AFE6 1D35 258A B7CC F081 AB32 F846 D63F 9D5A