Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 02:51:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Hansen <stephen@cerebralmaelstrom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Linux Compatibility Mode

I'm running FreeBSD 4.1, and for some reason, the 'rpm' program/etc is not
looking in /compat/linux/var/lib/rpm, the 'shadow' fs that Linux proggies
are susposed to use. Instead, it's looking in my basic /var/lib/rpm.

Am I suspose to have a symbolic link in my /var? Since 'rpm' isn't really
a Linux application, but instead is a port -- yes? So it won't look in the
shadow fs.

How should this be setup?