Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:44:42 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GNOME 1.2

All,

I have just committed GNOME 1.2 to the tree.  It's been tested on
both 4-STABLE and 5-CURRENT, but I don't have any 3.x machines
left so please let me know (preferably with a PR :) if it's broken.

Since this was a major release, I've purposely bumped the shared
library version numbers of all the major GNOME libraries.  I think
I've found all the other GNOMEish ports and made the necessary
changes, but it's possible I missed a few (it was a rather large
sequence of commits :)

Also, I've reworked the meta-port to more accurately represent
what's "supposed" to be in the canonical (ie: Linux) version
of GNOME (note: at the moment, this purposely does *not* include
anything from Helix Code).

One final thing to note.  You absolutely, positively, definitely,
have to have at least GTK/GLIB 1.2.8 for this to work.  1.2.7
and below won't cut it.  I know this is going to be a horrible
pain to deal with, but that kind of stuff is pretty much out
of my hands.

Enjoy.

-aDe

--