Date:      Mon, 4 Feb 2002 14:42:14 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernsth@nl.euro.net>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Port updated: www/jakarta-tomcat

The Tomcat port has been updated. Changes:

* Bumped PORTREVISION
* Now displays installation settings
* Now possible to choose JDK. By default uses FreeBSD JDK 1.3.1 (instead of
FreeBSD JDK 1.1.8)
* Does not depend on pinstall anymore
* Now possible to change TOMCAT_HOME. By default uses
${PREFIX}/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3 (instead of ${PREFIX}/tomcat)
* Now possible to change LISTEN_PORT. Default is 8080 (unchanged)
* Added support for running Tomcat as a different user/group. By default a
new user 'tomcat' and a new group 'tomcat' are created and used
* A 'tomcatctl' script is installed in /usr/local/bin/, which uses
interprocess communication to start/stop/restart Tomcat
* Option is added for automatically starting Tomcat after install
(AUTO_START). By default Tomcat is started right away
* Appends stdout and stderr to log files
* Uses a numeric prefix for the script in ${LOCALBASE}/etc/rc.d (now by
default 020.jakarta-tomcat.sh instead of tomcat.sh)

Comments are welcome. Working on the transition to 3.3a now...

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ