Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 18:31:51 -0500
From:      "Mark S. Reichman" <mark@borg.com>
To:        Tibor Borzak <cezy_bt@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PArtitions

Tibor Borzak wrote:
Check to see what files are in var.  You may have excessive
logging turned on that is not needed on one of your
system progs.
I know ppp can generate alot of data if you let it.
150 MB for /var should be big enough.

> Hello,
>
> A question from a NewBie :
>
> I installed FreeBSD 2.2.8. on my system.
> I had make a mistake at the begining, because my /var partition it
> seems to be too small (around 150 MB). How can I "stollen" some space
> from the other to partition (/usr and /), without damaging the data
> (currently this BSD is the primary DNS and SMTP server !!!)
>
> Thanx in advance.
>
> Tibor Borzak
> Internext

                    \|/
                   (@ @)
  |   Mark S. Reichman        FreeBSD    |
  |    mark@borg.com        Got source?  |