Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:40:12 -0000
From:      Chris Howells <pp0u20d9@liverpool.ac.uk>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hi,

Argh, sorry about loosing the subject. Unfortunately messages from my
normal ISP are't getting through to freebsd.org mailng lists (I've
contacted them about it) and I'm having to use a crappy uni web mail
system) which I'm not used to, so forgot the subject....

--------------- reply ----------------

> If you have a second box and a null modem cable, you can set up
FreeBSD to
> use a serial console by unplugging the keyboard.  You can then
capture the
> boot output on the second machine and e-mail that out.  If it
doesn't
> automatically use the serial console w/o a keyboard, you can do:

<snip>

Thanks for the reply. Sadly this isn't going to be possible since my
laptop doesn't have a serial port :( I'll have to try the verbose
boot, that may give more information.

Cheers,
Chris Howells