Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 08:46:12 -0700
From:      "Michael O'Henly" <michael@tenzo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Steps to build a firewall

There's actually quite a bit of material on building a firewall aimed at
various levels of expertise. I am new to FreeBSD and not very technically
expert so I needed the same thing myself for my desktop system. (It sounds
from your message like you want a FreeBSD to act as a standalone firewall. Is
that correct?)

A couple of places to start:

1. Do a google search for "firewall freebsd".

2. Search on the FreeBSD Diary (http://freebsddiary.org/). Tons of good stuff
there.

On this list, you 'll find lots of helpful people. The best approach seems to
be first reading the docs, trying it yourself, and then asking specific
questions.

M.

--
Michael O'Henly