Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:41:27 -0600
From:      "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@myrealbox.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-9?Q?Mahmut_Kerem_G=FC=E7?= <mkeremguc@superonline.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: XFREE86

>i just installed freebsd for the first time and i cant get to start x
and a window manager like gnome. >Im a newbie on this and want your
help.
>The handbook says in order to start x by typing startx, you have to
install wrapper. I dont know how to >install wrapper and couldn't find
it. As an alternative it says you can start by xdm. I have configured
>the monitor,card etc thing and started xdm. It gives a login windows
and when i enter the root login, >
>screen disappears and comes back with the same login screen. As i tried
by a normal account other than >root , it did the same thing.
>Soif i have to install wrapper please tell me or show me the link in
handbook or etc. Or please help me >with xdm.

What is the error you got?
What are are you trying to run? startx?
Do you have a configuration file?

We all here are glad to help, but we need a little details.

HTH

Gerardo Amaya