Date:      Sun, 11 Oct 1998 10:03:10 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/sys/cam/scsi...

> > >cd /usr/include; find . -type f -ctime +N -delete
> > >
> > >Where N (in days) is chosen to be a bit longer than the number of days
> > >between now and your last "make world".
> >
> > Don't do that.  Includes are installed by `install -C', so most of them
> > should be very old.
>
> Huh!!?? Why does it work, then?

Because you did a make installworld (or something to that effect) just
after that? (Or at least before you needed one of the includes that you
have deleted.)

What I do once in a while to get rid of old stuff is something like this:

cd /usr/src
make world
mv /usr/include /usr/include.old
mv /usr/share /usr/share.old
make -m share/mk installworld
rm -rf /usr/include.old /usr/share.old

This will give me a clean /usr/include and /usr/share. Then for the rest
of the directories (/bin /sbin /lkm /usr/{bin,sbin,libdata,libexec,lib})
I just look for the old ones and remove them with find.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za