Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:43:02 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Motherboards

I have a number of servers that are reaching end of life.  They are
over 7 years old and I can no longer find IDE drives that work with
the slower controllers they have.  These are all towers and use ASUS
motherboards.  Those were quite cheap at the time and the boards have
worked very well over the years.  However, I am now hearing rumers
that ASUS motherboards are no longer the best quality and probably
should be avoided.  Don't need much on the machines, but do have to
have 2 NICs and a SCSI controller on each.  What are good, rock
solid, motherboards with FreeBSD 6.0?