Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 00:45:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        daeron@Wit401305.student.utwente.nl, shawn@cpl.net, osa@etrust.ru, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice-5.0...

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Søren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> > Yes, I've got the diffs against relatively fresh current. BTW, I asked
> > this question on -emulation, but got back a profound silence... Can we/
> > should we incorporate this patch, and hide it under a kernel option, say
> > PROCFS_CMDLINE? The life would be soooo easier for people new to our linux
> > emulation...
>
> Hmm, if we should have a Linsux compatible /proc, it really should be
> a beast mounted on /compat/linux/proc. If you provide this, I'm sure
> it will be received with open arms :)

I proposed some option which is within my reach (considering my skills and
time available). If not - well, the issue will have to wait until either
my abilities become appropriate, or someone else will take it over. As it
is now, I propose the above hack as a temporary solution.

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"
 Network in Poland     | |TT~~~| |    http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/