Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:30:39 +1100
From:      Gautam Gopalakrishnan <gautam@inspired.net.au>
To:        knu@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   exclude packages in pkgtools.conf

Hello,

I recently built KDE 3.2.1. When I uninstalled it (pkg_deinstall -R
kde-3.2.1), it took vim and xpdf with it, even though I have been
using these long before I tried KDE. I know pkg_deinstall has
--exclude, but I did not know kde would uninstall them both. Do I
have to specify --exclude manually everytime as I can't see any way
to add these ports to pkgtools.conf? If it's not there, can it
please be added (say EXCLUDE_PKGS or something)? Hope I've not
missed anything obvious...

Thanks
Gautam