Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:44:57 +0530
From:      "Pranav Peshwe" <pranavpeshwe@gmail.com>
To:        "Nate Lawson" <nate@root.org>, "Fabian Keil" <freebsd-listen@fabiankeil.de>, <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Implementing 'Software suspend in FreeBSD' as a final year project.

Hello,
            Thanks to the replies and the information
provided, we have finally decided to implement 'Software
Suspend(S4OS) on the FreeBSD Operating System' as our final
year project.

        We have worked with the linux kernel but not that much
with the FBSD one.So,currently we do not have much knowledge
about the FBSD kernel.
Can we get any pointers as to, where we should start
from ? and which kernel subsystems will be of particular importance
to us.Also, which version of FBSD should we preferably use ?

    Any links for reading would be of immense help.We currently have for
reference,the book 'The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD(v5.2)
Operating System' - Marshall Kirk McKusick, George V. Neville-Neil

TIA.

Sincere regards,
Pranav.J.Peshwe

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
-- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949