Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 2008 18:32:56 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   Re: which gray is best for print?

On Wed September 3 2008 16:26:07 Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:14:42 -0700, Gary Kline <kline@thought.org> wrote:
> > Or if there is a color-chooser in ports, that too, altho I haven't found
> > anything in ports/x11 or ports/www.
>
> You may check /usr/ports/x11/xcolorsel, allthough I prefer the
> color choosing dialog of Gimp which provides a hex readout of
> the selected color, as well as the RGB or CMY values (last one
> interesting if you want to print something).

Yeah, you were right about the xcolorsel being less useful than the GIMP.  I
typed in "333366" and found others that were as nice.  Then found a
december.com site with more info.  "000033" is a named and safe color or ink.

Still more to back and look at, read up on.

dank sehr viel!  [i hope:)]

--
Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix