Date:      Mon, 19 May 2003 10:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jimd@siu.edu
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/52428: pcm0 reported twice: onboard AC97%

The following reply was made to PR i386/52428; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: jimd@siu.edu
To: Martin.Kaeske@Stud.TU-Ilmenau.DE
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:38:30 +0000 (CDT)

 Ah HA! "kldload snd_ich" works like a charm! Sorry for being such a pain. I
 have added 'snd_ich' in my /boot/loader.conf file. You may close out the PR -
 thank you!

 sysctl -A|grep pcm
 hw.snd.pcm0.buffersize: 4096
 hw.snd.pcm0.vchans: 0
 hw.snd.pcm1.buffersize: 16384
 hw.snd.pcm1.vchans: 0
 hw.snd.pcm1.ac97rate: 48000

 cat /dev/sndstat
 FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
 Installed devices:
 pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0xcc00 irq 5 (4p/2r/0v channels duplex)
 pcm1: <SiS 7012> at io 0xd400, 0xd000 irq 5 bufsz 16384 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)

 P.S. I forgot about "device pcm" including ALL of the sound drivers in the
 kernel. It is, perhaps, TOO easy to equate "device pcm" and "snd_pcm.ko" as
 effectively being "one and the same", but that is obviously not the case.
 Thanks again.