Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 03:10:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Joachim Kuebart <joa@delos.stuttgart.netsurf.de>
To:        Anton Zykov <zykov@dickinson.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dos partition

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Anton Zykov wrote:

> I have a question. How can I make my dos partition mounted automatically
> during the boot process?
>
> Thanks in adavance,
> Anton

Create directory

mkdir /dos_c

Put the following line into your /etc/fstab

/dev/wd1s1	/dos_c	msdos	ro 1 1

Enter

mount -a

or reboot

It's better to be safe than sorry and mount DOS slices ReadOnly. DOS
"Extended Partitions" are mapped to slices, I understand. This would mean
(I haven't treid it myself) for a disk with an extended partition:
	DOS drive		BSD device
	C			/dev/wd1s1
	D			/dev/wd1s2
etc.

If in doubt, there is quite good help on this in /stand/sysinstall.

c u Jo