Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2010 04:00:14 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Derek Schwartz <derekschwartz19@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation problem

//* I've re-included the list, hope that's okay.

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:15:13 -0400, Derek Schwartz <derekschwartz19@gmail.com> wrote:
> I re-formated the drive and it still gives me the same error "error {0-01}"

You don't need to format anything. Just make sure all kinds
of partitions are removed. If they are not, you should be
able to use FreeBSD's sysinstall program (stage "fdisk")
to remove all existing partitions (key "d"), then add one
for FreeBSD (key "a"); this will automatically set the
correct ID.

What stage of installation, or what program, does issue this
error message? Does it come from the BIOS, the FreeBSD loader,
or the kernel, or sysinstall?

> anyway I can force it to install?

Install with an empty disk. FreeBSD does not require any
kind of preparation for its installation by 3rd party means.

Please have a look at the handbook:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/install-start.html
	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/using-sysinstall.html
	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/install-steps.html

Can you be specific about in WHAT STAGE of the process you are
getting the mentioned error message?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany