Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 2009 11:29:08 -0400
From:      mfv <mrkvrg@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox Network

Hello Abdul,

Yesterday, I was able to successfully compile VirtualBox using the Make file
from this address:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/vbox/virtualbox_5.tgz

I am running version 7.2 in i386 mode on an amd64 cpu.

I installed windows98 as my guest operating system.  After its installation I
discovered that my LAN was automatically found without any intervention from
me.  I was able to access the web without any problems at all.  I was
pleasantly surprised how easy it went.

Kudos to the FreeBSD team who ported VirtualBox!

However, I am still experimenting with it.  I do not have access to my serial,
parallel and usb devices.  Perhaps there is some settings in hald that I need
to work on.

Good luck with your efforts...

Marek